With that in mind, here is a great gift idea that costs you absolutely NOTHING, not one single penny. Instead of purchasing a gift that your recipient might or might not even need, why not give them some of your time instead?
Ideas for Gifts of Time include:
- A free night of babysitting (or petsitting)
- Watching their favorite movie together, when they choose. There's nothing better than a movie night!
- Coupon for a 'heart to heart' conversation over coffee. Make it more frugal by having your pal over to your place and making the coffee instead of splurging on takeout coffees.
- Coupons for a free errand service - offer free grocery shopping service, free drycleaning pickup, etc.
- Free car wash - you'll come and clean their car when they choose!
- And...with cleaning in mind, why not offer your friend or family member a day of housecleaning service for free? :) I know I'd LOVE if a pal gave me a day of their cleaning services. What a great gift that would be!
Use your imagination and come up with a valuable gift of your time that your loved one will really be able to use and appreciate. You might find this to be an easy way to take care of gifts without spending any money, but just offering a bit of your time.