Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Use this Instead of That: Oil as a Makeup Remover

I did a little experiment earlier today...I had run out of eye makeup remover (I often use the presoaked make up remover pads for convenience, and because they even take off waterproof mascara.) What could I use instead?

We had a small bottle of all-natural massage oil in the medicine cabinet. It had ingredients like jojoba oil, soy oil and sweet almond oil, and said it contained no irritants. Hmmm! I'd read in a woman's magazine that eye makeup remover should be a bit oily, to successfully remove all traces of makeup from your eyes, without having to tug (and cause wrinkles! Boo!)

I poured a little bit onto an oversized cotton ball and - it worked amazingly well! In fact, it removed every trace of mascara, even better than the specialty remover does. I think any all-natural oil blend (or even regular olive oil!) would work just fine too. Keep in mind, though, that if you want to use an oil like this, you'll need to take off your eye makeup first, and then wash your face as normal to remove all traces of oil.

Let me know if you try it and like this tip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can also use Baby Shampoo, about 25% shampoo to 75% water in a bottle, on a cotton pad. Baby shampoo is safe for eyes, so viola! Even the generic kind at the 99 cent store works wonders! Leaves no oily residue either!