Today, we put $30.00 in the bank! All from coins that were laying around in pockets or purses, and accumulating in jars. Thirty bucks is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and shows that doing a search for coins really can add up and be worthwhile.
Want to get a 'rollin up those coins? Here are some great places to find forgotten coins and change around your home (and other places too):
- Pockets. I'm often guilty of putting change in my jeans pocket or jacket pocket. Do a thorough search of these areas.
- Bags, purses, cases or luggage of any type. Again, leftover change often finds its way into these areas.
- Jars, or other spots where you chuck change. We had an overflowing jar filled with pennies, dimes, nickels and loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins. Not as many of those as we'd have liked, though!)
- Beneath sofa & chair cushions - of course, since change likes to fall out and nestle in these cozy little areas!
- Outside the home...Keep your eyes open for coins when you're walking along or in spots like vending machines and payphones. You'll often find some change there!